1. Contact us 1-800-966-2060
- You can call any of the offices to speak with one of our caseworkers or request an information packet from this web site. Look through the information in the packet or on this web site to discover the process of adoption.
2. Discuss your options
- Meet with a caseworker.
- Discuss your needs and desires with the caseworker; she will know how to help think you through one of the most important decisions of your life.
- If you want, you may speak to other birth mothers through ASC who have gone through the process.
- Talk to a caseworker about the kind of family you dream of for your child.
- Look through profiles that families have put together to tell you about themselves
- Select an adoptive family.
- Decide how much contact you would like with the adoptive parents you've chosen.
- Meet the family, if this is your desire
- Prepare for giving birth by making a hospital plan that expresses your needs and wishes at the time of delivery.
- Get information from your caseworker about what you can expect to feel after the adoption.
- Write a letter to your baby
- After the baby is born you will be able to spend time with the baby if you want.
- After signing legal documents, your child will be placed with the family you have chosen. In most cases your baby goes directly from the hosptial to the family.
4. Post adoption services
- Continue to meet with your caseworker if you choose, and make a plan to achieve your hope and dream
- Receive regular updates about your child through pictures and letters throughout the years.